[THIN] Re: error with IMA when rolling out PS4 rollup01

  • From: George Yobst <george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:51:17 -0800

I just tried to do it this morning - with problems, so I backed it out
(at least that works).  What I found was this.  First, stop the IMA
service, then logoff all users (guessing here, will try again
tomorrow).  I couldn't get it to go with IMA running.

To digress, on 2 of 4 servers, I had a user or 2 logged in, and after
the reboot, I could not start the CMC on those 2.  Instead of
diagnosing further, I elected to back it out - time constraint.

Next, exit the Citrix toolbar on the right.  Do the Add/remove
programs and run the MSI.  It'll do its thing, prompt something about
printers and finish up.  Reboot.
Like I said, it worked on 2, and not on the other 2 with users on it.
Nothing in the logs, and when IMA was running and I tried it, I got
the quick pop-up, then nothing, and again nothing in the logs about
why it stopped.

If I have problems tomorrow, I'll let you know.  This was on W2K SP4
(patched with every MS, except their rollup) & PS4 (no patches, yet).
-George