[THIN] Re: error installing FR3 on new machine

  • From: Ron Jomes <bliss454@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:45:22 -0700 (PDT)

Microsoft excudes Java in SP4 so you are correct.  Install with SP3 first.  You
can then install SP4 then FR3.

thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am setting up a new Citrix server and tried to install FR3. I keep getting an
error about the MS Java Virtual Machine. The error says the MS Virtual machine
you are attempting to install is a protected system component and can only be
updated with a later release of the operating system or a service pack.
I have looked on both Citrix and MS sites and found some articles that reflect
a slipstreamed CD to install from. That is what I am using. The CD has SP 4
built into it, it is a select CD from MS. From what I gathered the only way to
fix this issue is to rebuild the server with SP3 on it then either install FR3
first or install SP 4 and then install FR3.
Is there any other way around this.
Thanks
Jack Smrekar
Appleton Area School District
This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online
Essential Thin Client Utilities.
Meet Jim Kenzig of thethin.net at the Emergent Online
Booth #24 at Citrix iForum on October 13th.
http://www.go-eol.com