[THIN] Re: easy one... Flex Profile Kit V3 or Citrix Hybrid or TriCerat simp lified profiles

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 14:36:42 +0100

It's one of those tricky areas, though, isn't it?

Surely from a management perspective, they don't really care too much
about the techniques involved? Sure they may want accountability - they
may want to feel that somebody will fix it, but unless you get something
underwritten by MCS, CCS or some other consultancy, you *are* largely on
your own for the overall solution.

And as to what happens, if it functions now - even if they bring out a
new version of the Office profile wizard (which does happen,
occasionally) you aren't any more compelled to upgrade, any more than
you are to use the current version.

I can't see anything about using the flex profile stuff, though, that
would likely require hacked binaries <shrug>

It really is just a convenient method of restoring and saving registry
hierarchies and / or directory hierarchies - there's nothing truly
magic, there - more of an extension and an easy method of doing what
many have been kinda doing for a while.

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.