[THIN] deprecated oleprn.dll in 2003

  • From: "Lilley, Brian" <brian.lilley@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 17:57:49 -0000

Hi all,
I have been upgrading some terminal servers to 2003 and found that our logon
scripts which use the oleprn.addprint class to map printers, now fails.  I
discovered that Microsoft had deprecated the addPrint class in the oleprn.dll
in windows 2003.
I was wondering if they have done the same for this DLL in XP SP2??
Could someone who has XP SP2 run the following code and tell me if oleprn has
been removed here also???

DIM OlePrn
SET OlePrn = CreateObject("OlePrn.AddPrint")

many thanks in advance...  Brianos.com

Brian Lilley
Architecture & Engineering

> * <mailto:brian.lilley@xxxxxxxx>