[THIN] Re: default access behavior

  • From: Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 10:18:47 -0400

And if the users are Not signing into a domain, but are on stand-alone
computers or I do not have access to the group policy?
Is there no longer a fix on the client machine itself? we have a very
heterogenous environment with thousands of hotels scattered around the
united states.
I did attempt to set the policy for the local machine and it does not
appear to have taken effect but I may try forcing GPupdate and see if that
helps.

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Pat Coughlin <strangedog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The group policy templates at C:\program files (x86)\citrix\ica
client\configuration have the settings you are looking for. Give them a
shot. Policy is better than a registry punch for sure.

Pat Coughlin

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I have numerous clients that I am upgrading to the latest version of the
receiver (4.3). I am trying to set the default access to full access for
files and allow access for Scanners. however the option to set the access
and not be asked again is not present. I ddi some searching and found the
citrix article on importing the registry keys to set the default behavior,
but if I import those keys then the client software will no longer launch
an I have to run the clean-up utility to remove the client and then
re-install from scratch. Is there a better method for setting this so that
my users are not asked to allow access every time they login?