[THIN] Re: default access behavior

  • From: Dan Dill <Dan.Dill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 09:35:06 -0700

My big gripe though is that if you have a bunch of heterogeneous client
versions across your environment then the citrix client policies can
sometimes cause issues.

Specifically what I've seen is that newer policies in place will break
older clients, so then I'm in the boat of trying to either write
performance-expensive WMI queries to target only the clients that have
upgraded, or moving upgraded clients to a special OU to accommodate. OR I
wait till all clients are updated before I roll out the GPO entries (end
users don't care about pass-through auth and prompts right?). So yeah,
fun times.

Perhaps SCCM would make my life easier with device collections, however to
go that route I'm then back to deploying registry entries rather than nice
easy group policies.

Dan Dill

From: Pat Coughlin <strangedog@xxxxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 09/17/2015 02:35 PM
Subject: [THIN] Re: default access behavior
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The group policy templates at C:\program files (x86)\citrix\ica
client\configuration have the settings you are looking for. Give them a
shot. Policy is better than a registry punch for sure.

Pat Coughlin

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I have numerous clients that I am upgrading to the latest version of the
receiver (4.3). I am trying to set the default access to full access for
files and allow access for Scanners. however the option to set the access
and not be asked again is not present. I ddi some searching and found the
citrix article on importing the registry keys to set the default behavior,
but if I import those keys then the client software will no longer launch
an I have to run the clean-up utility to remove the client and then
re-install from scratch. Is there a better method for setting this so
that my users are not asked to allow access every time they login?