[THIN] deconstructing printing

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 13:10:01 -0500

I am trying to tear apart the various things controlling client printing.

I've got a user that can't print when she logs into a Windows 2003
server running XenApp 4.5.  She's fine from another workstation, other
users are fine on her workstation, she works on her workstation with a
new profile.  She prints fine when logged into other servers.

Seems like this should be fixable without blowing away her profile.

we uninstalled her ICA client, deleted the Citrix folder from Program
Files, all the traces in Documents and settings, all the Citrix
registry keys in HKCU/Software and HKLM/Software

Then reinstalled the 3.1 receiver (the 3.2 receiver doesn't work at
all for us) fresh and clean.

Same exact results.

Citrix printing policies are the same for all servers involved.
Printer driver versions match on all servers involved.

I'm not above having new profile be the answer, but it seems like
there should be something to flush out to fix it in the current one
without the hassle of nuking the profile.

Greg