[THIN] Re: ctfmon.exe

  • From: "Jay Miller" <JMiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 17:33:12 -0400

It gets installed by Office, unless you modify the install to not
install "alternative user input".

You can do add/remove programs and modify the install for Office.  I
believe it installs it in %windir%system32.  Uninstall it and then go to
%windir%system32 and delete the file and reboot.  I've done that in the
past on my Citrix servers and it worked fine.

However, there is an intermittent "gotcha" with this:  Some Office
hotfixes re-install it by default for some reason.  I'm not sure if the
Office Service Packs do as well.

Just another thing to keep an eye on whenever updates are done!

Jay Miller