[THIN] collecting users network printers

  • From: Jason Benway <benwayj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 17:35:01 +0000

We have our users map their own network printers when using citrix

Start > Run

\\printserver<file:///\\printserver>

Right click and add printer.

But over time print servers are removed and we started using thinprint so we
want to remove all network printers other than ones from the thinprint server.

So I want to document the users network printers at logon.

I've found a few scripts and I think I can piece together something in vbs, but
does anyone have an better way to clean up old printers from a user's profile?

Thanks,jb

Jason Benway
Infrastructure Manager
www.jsjcorp.com<http://www.jsjcorp.com>
[cid:image001.jpg@01D0656E.29018DC0]

JSJ Corporation
700 Robbins Road
Grand Haven, MI 49417

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are
not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee,
you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or
any information herein. If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.
Thank you for your cooperation.

JPEG image