[THIN] Re: cloning servers

  • From: "Bray, Donovan (ESC)" <BrayD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:54:33 -0700

The answer is to use sysprep.

This article might help you. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303786/

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 3:43 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] cloning servers

All,

I need to clone a server, but the target server is not an exact match.  I
want to go from a DL380 G3 to a DL380G4.  The problem I am having is the
SCSI controller.  The G3 uses a 5i, the G4 uses a 6i.  I tried installing a
driver for the 6i, but it turns out to be the same as the 5i.  The problem I
am having is when I move the drives into the G4, I get a Blue screen of
"Innaccessible boot device".  I am guessing on it because it goes by too
fast.

ANyone know how to get the G3 to save a reg key for the 6i?

adam

This weeks sponsor: Softricity
Attend Camp Virtualization - Softricity Virtualization Web Seminar Series -
Featuring industry experts including Doug Brown, president of DABCC
Consulting. Wednesday, 7/27, 12-1pm EDT: The Future of Virtualization: A
Roundtable Discussion with Doug Brown & Stuart Schaefer
http://www.softricity.com/news/webinar-reg.asp?eventID=futurevirtualization
the below link: