[THIN] client mappings not working

  • From: Anthony_Abraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 08:30:16 +1000

Hi

I have a strange problem where the A: and C: drive of the local PC are not
always autocreated on login.  All other login script mappings work, just
not the users local ones.  In File Explorer, pressing F5 to refresh has in
the past made the drives visible (almost like its a timing issue).  Im
having an issue where this no longer worked.  I then put the following in
the UsrLogon.Cmd file hoping it would catch the clients that didn't
automatically map:

net use a: \\client\a$
net use c: \\client\c$

Intermittently, some users still get no A and C Drive.  There are no
policies blocking these letters - it does work 80% of the time.  Does
anyone know how I can guarantee the client drives will map 100% of the
time??  Config is MF XPe / wts4

Thanks
Anthony

CAUTION - This message is intended for the addressee named above
It may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you must not use, copy, distribute or
disclose it to anyone other than the addressee. If you have received
this message in error please return the message to the sender by
replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.

Internet emails are not necessarily secure. Royal & SunAlliance does not
accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent