[THIN] Re: citrix installed in the same machine as exchange ?

  • From: Euan Cooper <Euan.Cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:46:54 +1200

Lara,

If you are wanting to set-up a test environment and have a lack of boxes
available - have a look at either Microsoft Virtual PC or the entry level
VMWare products - Using just two boxes both with only 512mb RAM I am able to
run a Win2003 AD DC, Win2000 Terminal Server, NT4.0 MSX5.5 server NT4
workstation, Win2000 Pro, and Win98 box all at the same time.  While these
virtual machines are running with very restricted RAM allocated and as
result run quite slowly they have allowed me to test things I would not have
been able to any other way.

-Ec