[THIN] Re: can't ping printer from one server

  • From: Steve Snyder <steven_snyder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:04:08 -0800 (PST)

On the same subnet, devices communicate via mac
addresses - so your arp cache is screwed up either on
the print server, the server. A switch can also be a
culprit, but not in your case since others can
communicate with both the server and the print server.
"arp -d *" will delete all entries on the server,
effectively "clearing the cache" on the server w/o
having to reboot it.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com