[THIN] Re: blocking yahoo messenger

  • From: "Armstrong, Robert" <robert.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:00:50 -0400

Nick,

Lakeside Software's SysTrack can assist you in blocking Yahoo Messenger or
any other application you don't want running in your environment.  SysTrack
has a built in security facility which can be used to block specific
applications/services from running on systems (server, terminal server, &
workstations).   This is different than simply blocking the port, it halts
the execution of the application itself. Contact Carrie (248-738-7141) at
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Lakeside and she can answer
any questions you may have on how this module works.

Rob