[THIN] Re: blades versus VMWARE

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:35:05 -0700

I agree that if you need max performance and user count for Metaframe
dedicated hardware is better. However, there are MANY underutilized =
Citrix
farms out there with poor change management and no recovery provisions. =
So,
on a pure performance curve you would stick with dedicated hardware,
however, when other factors are more important such as DR, management, =
ease
of provisioning new servers, VMWare offers many advantages.

Having said that though, this is probably still the minority of
environments. It is very much a case by case assessment, I am just lucky
that we had a customer recently who it truly was the best choice for.

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing
34522 N. Scottsdale Rd. suite D8453
Scottsdale, AZ 85262