[THIN] Re: bcp.exe

  • From: Henry Sieff <hsieff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:29:59 -0600

Sadly, not BCP. What you could do is pipe the variables to a file in the
logon script, and then bcp that file into a table.

BCP (bulk copy) is intended to take large files in a formatted text file and
dump them in.

OSQL.EXE is what you want, but the syntax can be hairy. It is part of the
standard SQL client tools install. Pretty much allows you to submit any
T-SQL you want, uses ODBC to connect.

Henry