[THIN] autocreating printers NOT WORKING!

  • From: "Werther, Chris" <chris.werther@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:57:32 -0500

 Ok, no responses to my post yesterday. But, I have a little more info.
I suspected that permissions had somehow changed on print drivers, but
logging in as an admin produces the same results. If I log on an RDP
session to the same server, as the same user, the ts port goes from
"inactive ts port" to "TS033  LPT1:". I can then manually create and map
a printer to that port and it prints fine in an ICA session.

Yesterdays post:

 All of a sudden we are having issues with our thin clients (neo's)
having their local printers autocreate. Ive connected to the farm with
an rdp client and the printer gets created just fine. Nothing in the
logs to indicate any sort of problem. No hotfixes installed lately and
no windows updates that I know of. I just got back from Briforum so I
KNOW I didn't change anything on the farm. Anyone else having this
issue?