[THIN] Re: autocrated printers stop creating on single client

  • From: "Bergman, Bryan L." <Bryan.Bergman@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:22:33 -0400

Not confused at all.  Whenever you have multiple Citrix servers, it is
considered "best practices" to use roaming profiles.  Even if the user
sits at the same workstation at all times and does not "roam" around to
other workstations.  When a user accesses an application deployed via
Citrix, that application can be coming from server A or server B.  Lets
say that on Monday, the application comes from server A and on Tuesday
it comes from server B.  Though it was only 1 user from the same
workstation, there are 2 profiles  - 1 on server A and 1 on server B.
Those profiles can be different.  I.E  Changing a default printer on
Monday and not seeing the change on Tuesday.  Why, because his profile
was changed on server A and not on server B.  Hence the need for roaming
profiles.

  _____