[THIN] Re: autocrated printers stop creating on single client

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 12:10:09 +1000

Hi,

Printcfg should be your primary debugging tool.

If you can manually add a client printer using printcfg, then we're
looking at a client setup issue, so basically cmstart etc isn't doing
it's job. If printcfg fails, then you're looking at something a bit more
basic, possibly a printer alias issue of IMA issue.

Worst case scenario, if printcfg works, is to use that as an interim
workaround.

I've found on a number of occasions that cached printer settings in the
user's profile can cause problems where a user uses the same client
machine at work and remotely (different printers), so the solution may
be as simple as a logoff script to strip out cached printer settings.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
Volante Systems