[THIN] Re: auto creating printer with thin clients

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:09:37 +0100

Have you assigned printers to clients using the Client Printer Config
Utility (or its' equivalent in XP - we're still on MF1.8)? That should
create the printer for all users of the terminal but only works for locally
attached printers. For remote printers we use a small app that queries an
MSSQL database for network printer to client assignments and creates the
printers accordingly. You could probably do the same thing witha  bit of
deft Kix scripting and the Microsoft con2prt utility.