[THIN] Re: auto create printers and profiles

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:22:31 -0500

Joanne,

in your message there is not enough information to make a suggestion.

Local client printers (found under "Printers" folder in Win 9x/Me/2K/XP) are
autocreated every time client connects to the citrix servers and they are
not "kept" anywhere per se. Citrix client software on the PC reports
client's printers to the citrix server and client printer is autocreated if:

citrix server has a printer driver installed that matches client printer
name on the client or,
citrix management console has a printer driver mapping that maps client
printer name to one of the existing server printer drivers

In any event the autocreated printers could be managed by running printcfg
from New Task in Task Manager or Run in Start menu. If you publish apps call
Task Man by Ctrl+F3 from user's session.

The following info will help to determine your problem:

Is the client printer autocreted sometimes and sometimes not?
When it is not autocreated does printcfg shows it in "disconnected" state?
What is the CMC setting for client printers autocreation
Windows Server OS version and MetaFrame version with hotfixes applied

Thanks,

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems Network Coordinator
Pembroke Regional Hospital
Tel. (613) 732-3675 ext.6150
Fax. (613) 732-9986
www.pemgenhos.org

"All that matters is love and work" - Sigmund Freud.