[THIN] Re: audio over RDP

  • From: Rich Alexander <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 12:32:17 -0400

Ha, we could probably have a list just for AGM.  Don't forget how you can
remove the AGM policies from a server to try to get it working again and it's
till broken because they don't remove cleanly!

What version of ActivClient are you running?  I had a lot of problems with it
on my attempt at 2008.

Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 16:59:16 +0200
Subject: [THIN] Re: audio over RDP
From: kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've been quite impressed with some of the techniques that they've used to make
their settings persistent and hard to eliminate - incredibly irritated, but
impressed... Of course this impressiveness yields a server image that is pretty
much worthless in a production environment, but I digress.

Other than audio I think I have the build ready for users; if the smartcard
hotfixes resolved the smartcard issues that is.

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Rich Alexander <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We're still on 2003 here.  Isn't AGM mostly a set of permissions changes and
GPOs?  I bet they've restricted something that you'll need a fine-toothed comb
to find!

We have a few 2008R2 servers with XenApp 6 for testing Enterprise E-Mail.  Have
fun with that!  We couldn't get the 2008 x64 AGM stable enough for production...

Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 16:39:33 +0200
From: kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

alright, getting closer to the truth, which of course just opens new questions.
  It's definitely an AGM-issue as I can make it work just fine on a non-AGM
build. Any Army guys here?

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

w2k8 x64, TSE (no citrix), vista clients. Audio's not working (no sound). on
the server the RDP connector is set to allow audio, the windows audio service
is started, volume is turned up, the client is set to bring sounds to the PC,
just silence.

thoughts or ideas?