[THIN] attn: slightly OT: Long Fat Network Syndrome

  • From: "Lilley, Brian" <brian.lilley@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:17:49 +0100

I am trying to resolve the age old problem of Terminal services users
accessing their home drives/profiles over high latency connections.

My client has multiple 40mbps connections and still suffers slow connection
problems..classic Long Fat Networks syndrome!

I am looking to implement RFC1323 (TCP extensions for High Performance), which
basically allows the TCP stack to negotiate a much larger receive window size
and thus radically improve their WAN TCP connections?

Have any of you networky spods out there have any experience with setting the
TCPOpt settings for RFC1323 in a terminal serivces environment?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

http://www.tarantella.com/ttba