[THIN] Re: acctinfo.dll

  • From: Anthony_Baldwin@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 12:57:19 -0500

Chad,

I would use dsget (
http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/96a4a5ee-ee72-44d5-845f-71b2de33d4411033.mspx?mfr=true
), or better yet adfind (
http://www.joeware.net/freetools/tools/adfind/index.htm), to get the list
of users and dsmod (
http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/94c25be8-5a23-4cc9-bb9d-a169dadefe971033.mspx?mfr=true
) to disable them and update their description (use '-desc').

Tony

"Chad Schneider (IT)" <Chad.M.Schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/06/2008 12:46 PM
Please respond to
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[THIN] Re: acctinfo.dll

Is it possible, for me, to use a tool of some kind, that I can grab a
chunk of active accounts (theat should have been disabled a long time
ago), disable them, and add a note to them stating the disabled date?

Chad Schneider
Systems Engineer
ThedaCare IT
920-735-7615

>>> "Carl Stalhood" <cstalhood@xxxxxxxxx> 3/6/2008 11:32 AM >>>
I noticed that if you do a "Find" then the tab is not displayed. If you go
directly to a user account then it does display.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Chad Schneider (IT) <
Chad.M.Schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have moved this to %systemroot%\system32.  I have registered it.  I have
moved lockoutstatus.exe to %systemroot%\system32.  All this, yet my ADUC
still does not give me the extra tab additional account info.

Ideas?

Windows XP.

Chad Schneider
Systems Engineer
ThedaCare IT
920-735-7615

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the