[THIN] Re: Zone Preference and Failover

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 12:53:23 -0400

I assign users to the servers in the different zones based on an AD
Security Group.

Let say....

Policy Priority 1 (highest) with apply to set to ZoneA SG, with ZoneA
primary, and ZoneB Never connect
Policy Priority 2 (lowest) with apply to set to ZoneB SG, with ZoneB
primary, and ZoneA Never connect

The users who need to have access to both servers are in ZoneA SG and
ZoneB SG.

If a published app they are trying to hit is abailable on servers in
ZoneA and ZoneB (such as Outlook), this setup of policies should make it
so they only access Outlook from the servers in ZoneA?

If a published app is only only available on servers in ZoneB, the lower
policy should provide them access to it?

There won't be a conflict between the policies with the way they'd be
set above?