[THIN] Re: Yet Another Anti Virus On Citrix Question (hopeful ly with a twist)

  • From: "Jim Kenzig Kenzig.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:19:59 -0800 (PST)

I doubt that is was just trend mcaffee or whatever product. I HIGHLY believe
that it is USER error and misonfiguration of the products along with other
programs causing the issues.  It has been my experience with AV products for
example that if you do not turn off outbound scanning it will cause you issues.
Other than that these products work fine on Citrix.  We used Mcaffee for 6
years and now use Trend SMB Officescan client on our servers and it works
flawlessly.  People are quick to blame one product over another and everyone
has their favorites.  Personally I have found that the trend smb client uses
the smallest footprint, is the easiest to implement and has the best console
for implementing out to workstations as well and controlling dissemination of
updates.
JK

":
We boot them all every night! All quads. All 4GB memory.

What I didn't want to hear was what you say about Trend. I was hoping that
was my solution!

Crap.