[THIN] Re: Xerox printers and Screwdrivers

  • From: "Magnus" <magnus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:44:10 -0500

From my experience use screwdrivers it will keep you from pulling your hair
out

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Landin, Mark
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 4:34 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Xerox printers and Screwdrivers

We are about to being installing a number of Xerox Docucenter 425, 432, and
440 printers (along with an odd 550 or two). They will basically be
replacing our networked HP Laserjet 4xxx, 5xxx, and 8xxx printers. We are
looking at 20-25 printers and 40-50 Citrix users.

We will need to print to these printers from Win 2K/MF XPe. I know these can
be troublesome printers from looking through the Thin List archives.

What is the simplest way to get these printers working right in an
auto-created environment, without losing any functionality like duplexing,
multiple tray selection, delayed printing, etc. (all the stuff we are paying
Xerox to provide). All the Citrix *clients* will be Windows 2000 or Windows
XP Pro.

Is Screwdrivers the best option, or can it be done with built-in Citrix
tools?