[THIN] Xerox printers and Screwdrivers

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:34:28 -0600

We are about to being installing a number of Xerox Docucenter 425, 432,
and 440 printers (along with an odd 550 or two). They will basically be
replacing our networked HP Laserjet 4xxx, 5xxx, and 8xxx printers. We
are looking at 20-25 printers and 40-50 Citrix users.

We will need to print to these printers from Win 2K/MF XPe. I know these
can be troublesome printers from looking through the Thin List archives.

What is the simplest way to get these printers working right in an
auto-created environment, without losing any functionality like
duplexing, multiple tray selection, delayed printing, etc. (all the
stuff we are paying Xerox to provide). All the Citrix *clients* will be
Windows 2000 or Windows XP Pro.

Is Screwdrivers the best option, or can it be done with built-in Citrix
tools?