[THIN] Re: Xerox on Citrix

  • From: "Bodart, Bruce" <btb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 09:38:34 -0500

We've had some good and bad.

We started with the 7300 for our accounting, billing, marketing
departments but with the high volume of printing they did the printer
would queue up with way too many print jobs.  This was do to the sensor
that was in the 7300, it had to reset everytime they wanted to change
paper trays.  This was almost constant and it would 45 seconds to 2
minutes to reset.  Not exceptable.  We moved that one out to our Graphic
Services dept.  where they print basically out of the same tray all the
time.
We brought in a 7700 which doesn't have the same sensor and prints
faster but is down at least once a week for some reason or another.  We
have had almost everthing replaced on it except for the wheels that the
thing moves around on.

As far as the driver I've had to play with it a bit for our marketing
dept.  It seems to work fine for them now.

But we will never bring in another Xerox printer.  We'll stick with HP.

May not of answered your question but that was my experience with them.

Bruce Bodart, CCA
NT/2000 Citrix Administrator=20
Serigraph, Inc.=20
p. 262.335.7427=20