[THIN] Re: Xenapps 5.0 for Windows 2003

  • From: "Carl Stalhood" <cstalhood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 09:22:38 -0500

XA 5.0 for 2003 = CPS 4.5 with Feature Pack 1

If you download the XA 5.0 for 2003 CD, it will have the CPS 4.5 Feature
Pack 1 installers so that includes R01. R02 will have to installed
separately.

All of the new stuff is on the XA 5.0 Components CD. The updated 4.6.2 AMC
is there. The updated Streaming 1.2 stuff is there. The updated WI 5.0.1 is
there. The updated 11.0 clients are there. All of this stuff can be
downloaded separate too.

Licensing 11.5 is a separate download.

EdgeSight 5 is a separate download.

If you continue with 2003 servers, since they have CPS 4.5 installed, you
can continue to use the older version of Resource Manager.

Or you could build an EdgeSight server, install the EdgeSight agent on the
CPS 4.5 server and it will run in "Basic" mode. Basic mode is designed to
replace the old Resource Manager. It is almost identical to the full
EdgeSight except some data is not collected. You will need an EdgeSight Web
Server, SQL Reporting Services, and a SQL Database Server. All three can be
on separate servers or you can combine them.