[THIN] Re: Xenapp 6, Office 2010 and Oracle ODBC

  • From: David <dmauri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 14:15:53 +0200

Yes, 32 bits oracle and office 2010 as well.

Greg, I have tried this, installing into 'program files', but I've got the same.

You are loading the 32 bit oracle client.  Correct?

On 6/9/11, Berny Stapleton<berny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Can you tnsping the data source?

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 12:38 PM, David<dmauri@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

  Hi List,

recently we have migrated to Xenapp6 into Hyper-v environment.

We have installed Office 2010 32 bits edition because Microsoft recommends
32 rather than 64b.
Anyway, we also have ODBC oracle 10g release to access Oracle server, we
use others programs to access and works fine.

But, the problem is to access from Office (normally excel) to Oracle using
ODBC.
I have tried many many thinks but I cannot fix the problem.
ODBC administrator can only be configured from
c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe
Using this I can configure and test connection, and connection is
succesfull.

Moving to Excel and trying to access data from ODBC connection is not
posible.

Has anybody faced this problem?

Thanks