[THIN] Re: Xenapp 6, Office 2010 and Oracle ODBC

  • From: David <dmauri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 17:53:29 +0200

Well,

I have been testing this environment too much time....
and tested all versions (I think) from oracle.
I think the problem is about Office interaction with oracle.
Now I will focus on office to fix it using a new .VHD or sysrprep a new one.

Wow…good feedback. I’ve never seen or come across that one before. Why don’t you just use the latest 10g version, as per my other response? It saves all the messing about with Office, etc.

Cheers,

Jeremy.

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David
Subject: [THIN] Xenapp 6, Office 2010 and Oracle ODBC

Hi List,

recently we have migrated to Xenapp6 into Hyper-v environment.

We have installed Office 2010 32 bits edition because Microsoft recommends 32 rather than 64b.
Anyway, we also have ODBC oracle 10g release to access Oracle server, we use others programs to access and works fine.

But, the problem is to access from Office (normally excel) to Oracle using ODBC.
I have tried many many thinks but I cannot fix the problem.
ODBC administrator can only be configured from c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe
Using this I can configure and test connection, and connection is succesfull.

Moving to Excel and trying to access data from ODBC connection is not posible.

Has anybody faced this problem?

Thanks