[THIN] Re: XenServer Slowdown

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 14:05:25 -0700

32 gigs is the limit for Windows Server Standard 2008 x64.  Enterprise will
do 1 terabyte.

The one thing that jumps out at me is the number 36.  Generally with a 2
proc Nehalem based system you would expect to see memory in the following
multiples: 1, 12, 24, 48 or 96.  Yes there are other memory configurations
that work but they generally indicate that the memory is not optimized.

The number 36 means to me that you're running either (6 x 4gb dimms + 6 x
2gb dimms) or (18 x 2gb dimms).  The later configuration would choke your
memory bus speed from 1333MHz to 800 MHz.

I would also check to see what rank the dimms you have are.

Joe