[THIN] Re: XenApp 7.6 Policies

  • From: Joe Shonk <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 11:07:25 -0400

From what I understand, they put the option back in but it only work for
certain OSes.


On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>

I found the following Hotfix
Is this going to help, or will it still be unsupported in Win2012? I am
not sure from reading the documentation.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 9:47 AM, Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>

It is our In house Application.
I can't go into all the details of the exact setup but we had a solid
reason behind it when the application was setup with this restriction in
I am going to see if I can find any documentation because without a solid
backing I KNOW there will be pushback against this.
Thank you for the reply.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Joe Shonk <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't have any off hand but I do know its a Microsoft issue and the
work around is to run a logon script to rename the printers after then have
been mapped.

Time to call the software vendor and say WTF.


On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 9:35 AM, Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx

That is going to cause a major issue with our software.
Do you have a link to the documentation on that? I need to bring that
up to our development team as soon as possible.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 9:34 AM, Joe Shonk <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nope. It's not going to work. Legacy printer names are not supported
in Windows 2012 or Windows 2012 R2. Yes, I know, the console is wrong and
a fix (removed from the console) should have been added a while back.


On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 9:02 AM, Jason CitrixADmin <
jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We are preparing to upgrade the infrastructure to deploy XenApp 7.6
on WIndows 2012 R2
and am setting up the Citrix policies but having an issue getting
them to apply. In particular we have to enforce the legacy client names
for printers. I have enabled the legacy client name and applied to all
objects in use.

I am at a loss to understand at the moment what the cause is. To
ensure there are no conflicts I have disabled all other policies and left
Only the one policy active.

Other related posts: