[THIN] Re: XenApp 7.6 Policies

  • From: Joe Shonk <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 09:41:46 -0400

I don't have any off hand but I do know its a Microsoft issue and the work
around is to run a logon script to rename the printers after then have been
mapped.

Time to call the software vendor and say WTF.

Joe

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 9:35 AM, Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

That is going to cause a major issue with our software.
Do you have a link to the documentation on that? I need to bring that up
to our development team as soon as possible.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 9:34 AM, Joe Shonk <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nope. It's not going to work. Legacy printer names are not supported in
Windows 2012 or Windows 2012 R2. Yes, I know, the console is wrong and a
fix (removed from the console) should have been added a while back.

Joe

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 9:02 AM, Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

We are preparing to upgrade the infrastructure to deploy XenApp 7.6 on
WIndows 2012 R2
and am setting up the Citrix policies but having an issue getting them
to apply. In particular we have to enforce the legacy client names for
printers. I have enabled the legacy client name and applied to all objects
in use.

I am at a loss to understand at the moment what the cause is. To ensure
there are no conflicts I have disabled all other policies and left Only the
one policy active.