[THIN] Re: XenApp 6.5 optimization

  • From: Joe Shonk <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:27:46 -0700

Which one?  I would be careful of the Win 2003/XA 5 tweaks as much has
changed. Things like disabling the Firewall services (at the services
layer, not via policy) will cause all kinds of problems.  Not just with
RDS, but things like print and clusters too.

Today, increasing user density isn't as important as it once was.  Over
tweaking complicates the environment more than it needs too.  There is
something to be said about keeping it simple. Invest that time into
User environment management, policy management and something like App-V.

Joe