[THIN] XenApp 6 Full Screen Logon Window

  • From: "Jay Moock" <jmoock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:04:05 -0500

I have set up a pilot environment for XA6 and all is going well so far
except for one silly issue...

I have found that the first time (or sometimes two) that a seamless
session is launched against a server, the logon window (or the window
that displays the legal notice, if one is set) will be displayed full
screen.  Sometimes it is in the foreground (which isn't terrible), other
times it appears behind the browser window that the seamless app was
launched from (which is annoying).  In our environment we typically
launch our apps via the web interface and display a legal notice, but
since the issue also occurs with the logon screen (if I use a custom
connection and if no legal notice is set) I figured I'd include that
info as well in order to cast a wider net.

Subsequent sessions display the logon or legal notice window properly
and things are good until the server is rebooted.  Then it starts all
over again.  The issue is server specific, not client specific (meaning
that if one clients connects and receives the full screen logon/notice
then all other clients receive a properly sized window).

The server has all current XA6 hotfixes.  I've tried uninstalling them
with no change.  I've also applied updates relevant to 2008 R2 from
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2312539 with no change.

The issue sounds similar to the one discussed at
http://forums.citrix.com/message.jspa?messageID=1516836.  Unfortunately,
the fix referenced is for XA5.  I did try adding the
LogonUIAlwaysLimitSize value to my XA6 server as a bit of wishful
thinking but it made no difference.

I can reproduce the issue on Win7 and XP with the v9, v11, and v12.1
clients.

Has anyone else observed this behavior?

Thanks,

Jay Moock