[THIN] Re: XenApp 5 on VM's

  • From: "Foster, Bill" <Bill.Foster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 12:05:34 -0400

I assume you mean two 4 core processors.

We run the blade configuration below.

BL460c's G1, G5 and G6's with 32gb ram. If you have the opportunity you should
look at Intel's Nehalem core processors. They rock for virtualization.

We run 4 vm's per host on the G1's and G5's.  2 vCPU's and 4096 GB ram on
XenServer 5.5 and Provisioning Server 5.1 sp2

We see some spikes during login. Server handles workloads once all users are
logged in fine.

Bill