[THIN] Re: Xen Server Issue

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 08:35:26 +0100

Joe,

So If Im reading this correctly I need to set up the physical switch
port with the TAG number of the Virtual network from the XenServer.

So I have two NIC in server NIC 0 for management and NIC 1 for server
traffic.

I set up virtual network Internal on NIC 1 which has a VLAN ID of 1, dos
this meen that VLAN port on the switch mush have a TAG for Vlan 1.

As I thought it was default VLAN of 1 was already on the switch and I
couldn't get the server to talk on his Internal network at all.

Maybe I need to be using a different VLAN ID that's not in use on out
network already.

Ronnie