[THIN] Re: XPe Alternative

  • From: Christopher_Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:14:22 -0600

lakeside software has a product that will do this.  They wrote the
original RMS for MF1.8.  I saw a demo for this, but had no need as we are
already licensed for XPe.  They seemed to be targeting just your sort of
situation.  I am not sure what how big of a cost savings is realized.
www.lakesidesoftware.com

CW

"Petitti, Bruno" <bpetitti@xxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/19/2003 10:42 AM
Please respond to thin

        To:     "'THIN (THIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)'" <THIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        [THIN] XPe Alternative

Currently we have 2 Metaframe XPa servers in our environment. We need a
way
to track user time, resources etc on the servers. I know you can do this
in
XPe with the Resource Manager but I was wondering if there was any other
alternatives then upgrading the servers to XPe and paying the huge
licensing
fee.

Thanks for you help in advance.