[THIN] XP servers running Visual FoxPro v6 app frequent locking

  • From: "Weems, Jason" <jason.weems@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:49:10 -0400

Hi all,

We am having an issue where our Citrix XPe servers (6 servers servicing =
this application) running a 3rd party Delphi v6 app are frequently =
locking up.  Lockups may be caused by the application; however, we have =
no good way of verifying this.  We have tried getting crash dumps from =
the servers; however, the system locks hard to the point where it does =
not seem to save a dump file. =20

Other XPe servers not running this application do not seem to experience =
the same issue.  We have noticed high context switching and pagefile =
utilization on the severs. =20

Server hardware: (2) UW3 18GB HD, Quad Xeon 1.3Ghz machines, 2Gb Ram

Thanks,

Jason Weems
Sr. Network Systems Engineer=20
Citigroup Real Estate Servicing & Technology  -  Systems Engineering
Office: (314)275-1142
Fax: (314)469-2839=20
jason.weems@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=20
This weeks sponsor - RTOSoft TScale