[THIN] Re: XP network printer autocreate issues...

  • From: "Rowlandson, John" <John.Rowlandson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:59:08 +1000

What you say is correct, however think about this scenario...

128k line from sydney to london, 15 clients in london with a local print
server in their office...

5 printers in the office

15x5 is 75 printers to direct map across the 128k line as well as all
the other ica traffic and AD replication..

When a user logs in it takes a few minutes to map EACH printer back over
the wire to london from the sydney citrix session.

The hotfix we are waiting on; allows you to turn this on or off per
print server.

Currently, with FR2 it will direct map to any print server in the same
domain as your farm regardsless of bandwidth..

My FARM is FR2 for my australian clients and I have 1 server as FR1 only
to stop this printing scenario from happening.

John