[THIN] Re: XP SP3 breaking RDP?

  • From: "Stefan Timmermans" <stefan.timmermans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 14:54:47 +0200

Nick,

See KB 875352
Try  to change the boot.ini file to /noexecute=Always off on the windows XP
workstations.
DEP always is a pain, and is hard to manage, if all other security aspects
are in place (GPO, NTFS permissions, firewall, antivirus
and proper patch management ) you could skip this way of preventing to
run arbitrary code. True iDEP has a preventive character. DEP is not a big
hit but some people/companies might actually be using it, its not common to
my knowledge that administrators manage this possibility)

Stefan