[THIN] XP Outlook 2000 and the wrong time for just one user

  • From: "Jim Strowe" <jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 22:48:56 -0400

Short version: MF XP, Win 2K
One user, Outlook 2000, Wyse terminal, wrong time zone.  She has a
redirected desktop, no access to the locale in control panel and her time is
somewhere stuck in the Hawaii area.  (we are about 5 hours away from that)

I've so far:
wiped the profile (I'll do it again to make sure that her roaming profile
didn't come back to haunt me or a local cache perhaps? )
gone to a command prompt on her session via shadowing and confirmed the time
is 4 hours off
the problem is definitely HER'S since it extends with her account only to
more than one of our XP servers. At the server console for each server the
time, zone and daylight savings are correct. Exchange 5.5 server is also
correct as is our internal time server.

Where in her profile is timezone info stored?   I really don't want to
adjust time zone spec's for the Farm (i.e. adjust to local time is on right
now) since this user is the only one having the problem.

Right now I lean to a locally cached profile that still had the bad info
that wrote back to her roaming location. (and perpetuated the problem).

Monday I'll get her logged off:
Toast her profile again
Check all servers for local copies
and (sigh) see if it comes back after re-creation

If you feel kind also respond to my work email jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm in digest mode and things get lost at times.