[THIN] Re: XML Service

  • From: Jeremy Saunders <jeremy.saunders@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:51:55 +0800

Andrew,

I've logged this exact question with Citrix before, so that I could publish
the XML service via a Web Publishing rule on an ISA Server. They said that
there is no URL, and that you need to publish the server itself. Therefore
you need a Server Publishing rule, which is a NAT, as oppose to a Web
Publishing rule, which is a reverse proxy.

Personally, I'm not happy doing that because it then exposes the whole
server on port 80 (IIS included), which hackers can attack.

There is also a document here that follows the same theory as Citrix’s
recommendation.
http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Citrix_ICA_Browser_Access.html

But this means changing the port that the XML servic is running on. Any you
probably don't want to do that.

This is one of the things in my "research tray", when I get around to it.

I'm interested if anyone has resolved this, or has a better workaround.

Cheers.

 Kind regards,
 Jeremy

 Jeremy Saunders
 Senior Systems Engineer
 ”ITS - passionate about winning”

 IBM Logicalis (Integrated
 Technology Services)
 Level 2, 1060 Hay Street
 West Perth, WA 6005, AUSTRALIA

 Visit us at
 http://www.ibm.com/services/au/its

 Phone:  132 426                    Fax:    ;  08 9261 8536
 Mobile:  TBA                       E-mail:
                                    jeremy.saunders@xxxxxxxxxxx

             Dogers
             <dogers@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  Thin List <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             thin-bounce@freel                                          cc
             ists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [THIN] XML Service
             23/09/2004 07:38
             PM

             Please respond to
                   thin

Odd question, but I need to know this so that I can redirect the
request on ISA..

Does anyone know what the path to the XML service is, when it's shared
with IIS? Does it even run on IIS??
I've found that STA is under /Scripts but wheres the XML service hiding?

Andrew
This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320