[THIN] Re: XML Request size repost

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:14:15 -0000

Are these AD users?

And / or could you truncate the number of group memberships by using
nested groups?

> Seem a bit excessive to have to take this form 4 k
> to 80k to get it to work.

I'm guessing they expect direct group memberships to be modest. To be
equitable, having many group memberships is not ideal.

> My understanding is we need approx
> 32 bytes per group.  We have an average of 250 group
> memberships per user with the max at 800. Any ideas if the
> XML service is stable at say 100K or will not cause issues?

<shrug> I'd be surprised if Citrix or anybody else give you a firm
steer, unless they've confirmed such a thing themselves.

> What is impact on servers doing XML requests or network
> traffic.  Should we set on all servers or only servers
> handling XML requests?

Just those running the XML service.

Neil

This email and its attachments are confidential and are intended for the above
named recipient only. If this has come to you in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system. You must take no
action based on this, nor must you copy or disclose it or any part of its
contents to any person or organisation. Statements and opinions contained in
this email may not necessarily represent those of Littlewoods Shop Direct Group
Limited or its subsidiaries. Please note that email communications may be
monitored. The registered office of Littlewoods Shop Direct Group Limited is
100 Old Hall Street Liverpool L70 1AB registered number 5059352