[THIN] XA 65 x Folder Redirection

  • From: Harry Singh <hboogz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:35:26 -0500

All -

I'm running a mix of Windows 2008 and Windows 2003 DC's.  And I'm running
XA 6.5 with Profile Management 4.0. I've created an OU consisting of XA
servers and have a GPO applied to this OU with minimal user settings
(handling Office 2010 configs) and set the Loopback processing on this GPO
to "Merge" This GPO also has Profile Management enabled and points to a
location on a file server as such: \\filesrv\xaprofiles

I have a separate OU with test users and have a folder redirection (path to
redirected folders is: \\filesrv\redir) GPO applied to this OU and
confirmed it's working. When I log into a windows desktop not delivered by
XA, it creates the requisite folders on the redirected folder path just
fine. I then create and place test files in the users My Documents folder.

My problem is when I log into XA and open up Word and click on "Documents"
I don't see the test documents and don't think the Folder Redirection GPO
is being applied at all.

On the XA GPO I've setup synchronous processing by setting up "Always wait
for network to begin", but i still get nothing.

any ideas ?