[THIN] Re: Wyse Term Locked

  • From: George Yobst <george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:43:55 -0800

Sometimes I've had to unplug the electrical from the back of the unit
for a few minutes, then you can G key it.  Don't unplug it from the floor.
-George

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:22:32 -0500, Berger, Gunnar <GBerger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a user this morning that was using his Wyse terminal, he clicked on
> something in a Citrix session and not only did the Citrix session boot him
> out, it completely locked his terminal and shut it down.  When I reboot the
> terminal it does not start, I get the Wyse startup screen then the terminal
> shutsdown.  I held down the G key to do a factory reset and it worked.  Then
> ten minutes later I get a call from the same user with the same problem, this
> time the G reset doesn't work.  Any ideas?
>
> Gunnar
> This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
> TScale provides a cost-effective way to improve performance, capacity and
> stability for thin-client servers like Citrix MetaFrame or Microsoft Terminal
> Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
> http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id)6
> http://thin.net/citrixlist.cfm

George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst        phone: 503.723.4890
Library Information Network of Clackamas County   fax: 503.794.8238
16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208         web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us
Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654                  email: george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx
"...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn
 what he thinks he already knows."  - Epictetus
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=296