[THIN] Wyse 3125 and the CMC says "can't create printer not a WinCE device"

  • From: "Jim Strowe" <jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:32:44 -0500

Trying to create a printer on a brand spanking new Wyse 3125.  Entered the
printer in the CMC in the Windows CE/device section of the printers
configuration.  (like I've done on other Wyse devices)
The name is the same on the device and the CMC. (or it decidedly won't work)

I end up with an error in my event log along the lines of "Cannot create
printer, this is not a Win CE device".

Excuse me?  Gee I thought it was.  My only other optioins are:
1. create an RDP printer
2. create the stupid printer manually on each server, remove the
"autocreated" comment and assign security rights...gee won't that be fun.

Wyse is not helpful (nice, well intentioned, and polite, but not helpful)

Is this normal since I was planning on buying more of these and decidedly
will NOT if I have to mess around with
all sorts of cruddy work arounds.  I actually love the CMC in the printer
creation since it's finally something I can centrally do as opposed to
having to initially deal with the device and printer in the field.