[THIN] Wyse 1200LE printing problem

  • From: "Lutz, Ken" <KLUTZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin - List (thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:03:49 -0700

On 06-12-03 I sent the following e-mail to this list.  I just wanted to update
this.  I swapped out the Wyse 1200LE with a Wyse 3200LE device.  Since then I
have not had a problem.  Can anyone shed any light on this?  Thanks!!
Ken ...
---
I have a very strange printing issue I am hoping someone on this list can help
me with.
My environment is:  Citrix MetaFrame XPe FR2/SP2 on Windows 2000 server SP2.
There are 4 servers in my farm.  I have users running a published desktop on
Wyse 1200LE WinTerm devices, or via the web ICA client and NFuse to published
applications rather than the published desktop.
The servers are rebooted every Saturday night.  After the reboot I have one
user that every Monday has this printing problem, yet I occasionally have other
Wyse 1200LE users that have this same problem as well.

The problem deals with security to the printer.  It is a network printer
attached to a Windows 2000 print server.  The global security group EVERYONE
has print rights to the printer.  After the Citrix servers are rebooted the
user can not print.  They get a security error.  I go to the printer's ACL list
and add the user and they can then print.  After the next Citrix server reboot
the user again can not print.  This time I remove the user from the printers
ACL list, and the user can print.  Note that the EVERYONE group is still
present.  I have to repeat this process of adding or removing the user after
each Citrix server reboot.  This happens whether the user is connecting to
Citrix via the ICA or RDP client.  If the user connects to Citrix from a PC via
Program Neighborhood this isn't an issue.

The user has a roaming TS profile, that I have recreated.  The next thing that
I will be testing is to see if the same problem happens with a Wyse 3200LE
device.

Thanks for any and all replies!

Ken Lutz

Ken Lutz